Saturday, September 10, 2011

Juggling acts

We all have plenty of things in our lives that we juggle.  Some of us have children, many of us have jobs outside of the home, family obligations (sometimes more than one family!), pets, hobbies, church, community...sometimes I think that we have been conditioned to be unable to say no.  My late brother-in-law was incapable of saying no...so of course, sometimes he would frustrate those of us who were depending on him and unaware that he had committed to be in two places at the same time.  Even with all of his talents, he never mastered that ability!  We loved him dearly anyway but I learned to be selfish after watching him.  He worked so hard that he had a year's worth of vacation and sick time accrued which he unfortunately needed in the last year of his all too short life and I swore that we would learn to take time for ourselves and say no occasionally.  It doesn't prevent me from feeling somewhat selfish but one of my favorite sayings is "we are not promised tomorrow" and that helps me limit the number of things that I commit to juggle at any one time.  Of course I can't juggle real items, having no coordination, but that doesn't stop me from trying!  Anyway, that is my explanation for the lack of entries for the past few days and undoubtedly for the next week since I know that I will be juggling work and home and probably will have to reduce the extracurricular activities...and reading ALWAYS takes precedence...but once I pick up again, I will probably have plenty of books to comment on, especially since I have had the privilege of reading the most recent Mythos Academy work by Jennifer Estep, Kiss of Frost as well as two very spicy erotica works, Golden by Joely Sue Burkhart and Captive Surrender by Linda Mooney as well as Dragon's Bride by Jo Beverley.  More on those later.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment