Monday, July 9, 2012

Heir of Novron

The Heir of Novron  
by Michael J. Sullivan is part of the Riyria Revelations series.  The series is a fun read for any fan of fantasy and the author takes great pains to make sure he is not penning a predictable quest tale even as he artfully weaves together a compelling story.  The main characters are skillfully presented so that their backgrounds are only gradually revealed through the six novels that comprise the series yet they are intriguing enough at the outset to gather the reader's attention.  The cliffhanging endings to many of the chapters and the abrupt endings to some of the secondary characters keep one guessing and the deft thumbnail sketches provide a wealth of information without smothering the reader in facts.  I personally did NOT like the events that ended the fifth novel in the series that the author assures me were inevitable yet I have to admit that the entire series flowed nicely if not entirely to my personal satisfaction.  My Amazon review is at this link under ELF2060 with the title, "What more can you ask of Royce and Hadrian?".  As always, a 'yes, this was helpful' vote is greatly appreciated.

My Goodreads review for the first 2 volume set, Theft of Swords, is at this link.  Even better, the author is holding a giveaway on Goodreads.  (If the link doesn't work, please search for the title and the contest should show up, but make sure you enter by July 27, 2012).



My Goodreads review for the second 2 volume set, Rise of Empire, is at this link.



I am delighted that the author is visiting the SOS Aloha blog for an interview on July 14, 2012 so that you can get a glimpse of this talented writer through Kim's insightful interview questions. 

My thanks to the author and Goodreads for providing these entertaining novels.  I had the great good fortune to win The Heir of Novron and the author contacted me and indicated (rightly) that it would be best to read the series in order and very generously provided me with copies of the first four books in the series.  I, of course, offered to review them and it snowballed from there so I offer my sincere apologies to the author for the long delay (0:


No comments:

Post a Comment