Monday, January 16, 2012

Naked Edge by Pamela Clare

Naked Edge by Pamela Clare is one of her I-team series that centers on a mystery surrounding land held sacred by Native Americans.  There are several very realistic descriptions of rockclimbing without using safety equipment and a couple of chilling examples of the possible results of falling off a mountain.  The story is intriguing with beautiful descriptions of the natural beauty that inspires rockclimbers, a mystery, and a sizzling romance between two people who come from different culture paradigms.  Little did I realize that the author comes by her descriptions honestly, having done her own hiking through the Rockies and experiencing a horrific fall complete with very serious injuries.  A description in her own words is available on the Fresh Fiction site at this link.   It is a pretty impressive tale and almost an example of taking research a little too far...although I know it was not done deliberately.  It sure lends realism to her writing!  There is a pretty dramatic description in this book of the lengths that someone will go to in order to protect a loved one that makes my gut clench every time I read it.  My Night Owl review is here

I started this series backwards because I read Breaking Point first (after all, who can resist the eye candy on that cover combined with that blurb!) so I met the main characters of the earlier novels as a group first rather than piecemeal but I certainly have enjoyed the rich detail in all of the novels and the love stories are all heartwarming.

I purchased a copy of this title for my personal enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment