Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Crystal Gardens

Crystal Gardens    

by Amanda Quick (aka Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle) introduces the 'Ladies of Lantern Street' series which centers around resourceful women who parlay their paranormal talents into an unconventional vocation.  I enjoy the exploration of the paranormal that is depicted in the different series penned by this author under her varied pseudonyms although the stories are getting slightly predictable to long-time fans familiar with the series.  The tales told using the Amanda Quick pseudonym tend to be suspenseful historical romances but it is my understanding that the author is going to give up her 'split personalities' and begin penning all of the books in the series under one name.  Ms Castle/Krentz/Quick has a fun website at this link that allows the reader to explore the various series.

I grumble about the roses in my garden attacking me but the garden in this tale is much more deadly to the unwary and forms part of the mystery facing the main characters.  As is typical with these books, the hero and heroine must learn to lower their barriers and allow someone into their respective lives who is familiar with the issues that they have overcome.  Together, they form a formidable team with remarkable abilities.  My Goodreads review is at this link.

3 comments:

  1. I love all her books under all her names. The dust Bunnies in some of her stories are so darn cute, gotta love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dust Bunnies but I have to admit that Gini Koch's 'Poofs' give them a run for their money, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh? Haven't read her books. Gonna definitely have to look into that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete