Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Coloring pads to play with

One of the things I have been doing for fun is coloring...and playing with dot-to-dot books (although those don't necessarily help rest my eyes, lol).

I am still trying out these, but so far I am enjoying stretching my creative muscles. I tend to copy a page or two to play with, so I don't ruin the book I am reviewing. The following are the books I am currently trying out:
















I was a little puzzled by the challenge of coloring pages that are so dark, so I started with this page from the Zen Dreams tablet, to get a feel for what would and would not work. Gel pens or colored pens actually show up pretty well, but it turns out one should use GOOD LIGHT, because I figured it wouldn't matter whether I stayed in the lines with the very fine designs, lol, and that is NOT the case...it will show up. Don't hold your breath waiting for the finished product, as I only work on this for a few minutes a day...


2 comments:

  1. Those are nice and I like the dark pages on those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you would, wouldn't you, Mary? That's true, it fits right in with your 'Dark Thoughts' blog! At first I was a little concerned and it actually changes the character of the color being used, so it's a learning experience. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete