Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Romance Awareness Month: Entangled spotlight--Written On My Heart by Cole Gibsen




August is Romance Awareness Month and what better way to celebrate than to put some of our favorite romances from different genres on sale! Whether you are already a romance lover or new to romance reading you are sure to find something to fall in love with.

This week whether you love New Adult romance or have been thinking of diving into the genre for the first time you will want to pick up Written On My Heart by Cole Gibsen for just 99¢

Readers are raving about Written On My Heart...

"Words can't do it justice. You have got to read this amazing book to capture its essence. The writing, the characters, everything about this book is absolutely perfect." -Books, Coffee & Passion

"Written on my Heart is the first book I have read from Cole Gibsen but I will definitely put her on my One Click list." -Wicked Good Reads

"I can honestly say that I have never read something that has effected me so deeply, and in the same token been so inspiring! This is a beautiful written story that has forever left a imprint on my heart..." -Misty P., Goodreads review


Synopsis:

Some words last forever…
It’s been six months since Ashlyn Daniels was kicked out of her home. Six months since she stood up to her abusive stepfather and got a busted rib-and seeing all her things set ablaze in a backyard bonfire-for her trouble. Never going back. She doesn’t need trouble…especially if trouble is tattoo artist Lane Garrett, who’s six-feet-plus of tattooed hotness and a complete ass.

Lane has spent the last decade fighting to support his family. To protect them. There’s no room for romance, even with a fragile (yet amusingly feisty) stunner…even if she somehow manages to invade his world and his heart.

But while some secrets are as visible as ink on the skin, others must remain hidden at all costs…



Excerpt:


“No one is going to hurt you,” I whisper against the top of her head. “Not while I got you.” And I mean every word. In this moment, while cradling this broken girl, I would rip the arms off anyone who tried to lay a finger on her.

Her shuddering stills, and Ashlyn loops her arms around my neck and claws her fingers into the fabric of my T-shirt. Her tears trail down my neck and bleed into my shirt collar. Her grip on my neck is almost choking, but I don’t say a word. In this moment I will be whatever she needs me to be—even if that’s just something to hold onto.

I wrap my arms around her and pull her tight against me. She feels too skinny and too frail in my grasp. A small voice in my head screams at me to stop, to let her go and walk her straight out of the shop, locking the door behind her. But the strength required to release her is more than I can gather.
He barks out a laugh. “Is that so? Well, what’s an ogre without his ogre princess?” He grabs for the paint pan and dips his hand into it. “The transformation is almost complete. Looks like we missed a spot.” He points a paint-covered finger at my forehead. “Don’t you dare!” I kick my legs in an attempt to scoot away. “No you don’t!” With sticky fingers, Lane grabs my wrists, pinning them to the floor. He swings a leg over my waist, straddling me. He leans down, his chest heaving. “Are you going to say ‘Uncle’?” A charge of electricity passes between us, buzzing beneath my skin and catching my breath in my throat. My smile fades as a flush courses over me. The heat from his hands feels as if it’s searing my wrists, and yet I don’t want him to let go. Even as the room wavers and the entire world feels like it’s falling away, he holds on. “Uncle.” The word is barely a whisper as it leaves my throat. “Too late,” he says, and I know he’s right. The wall I’ve worked so hard to build between us is crumbling with each breath I take. I actually have to fight the urge to buck my hips toward his, to close the cruel distance between us. I’ve been falling for so long and he’s the first person to hold on. Without warning, his lips crash against mine like a tidal wave. He swallows my gasp of surprise as his tongue meets mine. His mouth tastes sweet, and there’s an urgency to his kiss. His hands grip tighter and his mouth works harder against mine, almost as if he’s trying to drink me in. I kiss him back, just as hard, because if he can drink me in, I’ll let him. And then I’d remain there for always, a part of the man who wouldn’t let go.

Buy it for just 99¢!

Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks






No comments:

Post a Comment